Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly


First the good: as you see, a couple moving blankets, a portable DVD player, and a organ speaker box to the left, and you have one content kid at work.

And of course, th eother good is the Mrs. We've had some ups and downs, but last few weeks have been wonderful. Thanks love.


Now the Bad: Still no home computer, yet, or at least the permenant one yet till Sunday, so bear with me, I'll be my snarky self here and invading YOUR blogs shortly.....I know you miss me..


And then the Ugly: I'm thinking Attila was right: kids today are just *bleeping* stupid.I'm not kidding. Her kids stories and hell even the dig the dead girl up story I'm not sure compares to my brother.

There are 4 boys in the family. I'm the oldest. Then there is my "little" brother who's 2 years younger at 32. Then a large gap, to the 20 year old(we'll call him Moron), then the baby, who's 15.

15 year old is a bit weird, but he's a good egg......Moron on the other hand, I dont know. He's not evil, but he's stupid(and thats not to say he's not smart, he's just STUPID).

He's a screwup, a loser, and a moron. Nice person, but doesnt change the first three things. So why and I ranting? After numerous chances to straighten up and fly right, right now he's in lock up. WHY, do you ask? becuase he got caught stealing DVD's and fighting to get away from the clerk. Now let me say, his reasoning was, because he was bored and did it at 3-4am in the morning at a truck stop. He didnt do it once, no, he came back TWICE more and the third time the clerk caught him.....fucking idiot. Especially since the only reason he did so was he was bored.

Of course my parents are well, worried, their parents. But you know what? I'm just pissed off. Every time he screws up, the splatter catches everyone else. In life you get 2 choices, you can eitehr walk with the angels, or not. He choose not. I cant feel any sympathy for him. HIS stupidity now effects my parents(who may or may not post bail. in a real switch, mom is standing firm and dad is wavering), his younger brother, me and mine, work....it goes on and on.

I keep telling dad, you cant help someone who doesnt want to help themselves. I have no sympathy for him. I'm more pissed off at him, and whether my parents like it or not, I'm seriously considering just writing him off.

I cant count the number of chances he's had and he just messes them up. Dad enroleld him in school, he blew it up(community college, ONE class, failed or didnt show), work you name it. I'm tired of listening about him and him either "doing better" or pissing dad off with him either not getting up for work or whatever. I'm tired of it.

Bah. This morning dad and I got into a pissing match and yelling at each other, with me storming off with yelling at him F off, and drop dead. Upset my mother and dad eventually apologized, this isnt normal, and doesnt happen. And its all related to moron's actions.

11 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Sounds like your brother has middle child syndrom...


Sorry dude, tell your parents if they enable him he will never grow up!

4:15 PM, September 27, 2006  
Blogger carmachu said...

Well as an update, since he's in jail, and dad visited him, he was taking syntheic heroin. Again.....but he'll get cleaned up real quick there.

Note I dont accept it as an excuse for his behavior.He's a moron. Its aggrevating.

5:32 PM, September 27, 2006  
Blogger happykat said...

Sounds like he's still a kid. Maybe you shouldn't write him off just yet. You may actually like him when he grows up.

7:54 PM, September 27, 2006  
Blogger carmachu said...

Thats IF he grows up. I know 30 year olds that are just like him....

9:45 PM, September 27, 2006  
Blogger ditzymoi said...

yep its called "enabling"
it sucks ... your brother is like my son ... only i think actually robbing some place would take too much effort?
ugh ... they drain everyone around them :(

1:40 AM, September 28, 2006  
Blogger Kathryn Craven said...

i think that your brother might be even more screwed up than my sister. my advantage, though, is that my sis is 15 years older, and finally at 43 has somewhat gotten her life together again.

i'm sorry your family life is sucky right now. not fun.

2:46 AM, September 28, 2006  
Blogger Jade said...

Moron sounds a lot like SIL, they do DUMB S***, then expect someone else to clean up the mess.

Don't blame you for being angry.

A JOB would be a good cure for the BOREDOM, but I bet MORON didn't think of that

7:33 AM, September 28, 2006  
Blogger carmachu said...

Kim:

Yes, enabling. She starts getting on teh right foot and then....falls back. Parents get proud and then......I dont know. But accoding to dad when he visited, looks like moron is learning a real hard lesson there. 23 1/2 hour days in a small room with a light on and nothing to do....

kat: yeah. Lets hope he can his act together after this.....

jade:he had a job. But he didnt like it, being a landscaper at $9 an hour in the hot sun....he was doing great at it, but just up and quit...

8:40 AM, September 28, 2006  
Blogger Flawed And Disorderly said...

Yikes. Sorry, dude! Hopefully it will all calm down soon.

2:35 PM, September 28, 2006  
Blogger Attila the Mom said...

Oh geez, Carm...I'm so sorry. I could start a rant about everything, but I won't.

But it's not just a "kid" thing. My older brother moved back home with my folks to get on his feet almost 3 years ago. He's been dismissed from several jobs for various (but the same) reasons----coming in late, or not showing up, or making huge mistakes.

It's always the "company's screw-up" that gets him fired. Never his own fault.

Not the fact that he comes home from the bars at 3am every night.

::sigh::

I really really get where you're coming from. I do.

12:35 AM, September 29, 2006  
Blogger stinkypaw said...

It's time for your brother to get his shit together, by himself. Your parents need to stop enabling him and let him be. Easier said than done, but they're not helping him. He created his mess, he now needs to get out of it. Time to wake up.

Good luck with that. Don't ruin your relationship with your parents because of him. Let them know how you feel, and move on.

11:04 AM, September 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home