Friday, September 14, 2007

Pouncing Lessons

Since I don't have any new pictures at the moment, I'll give you the story of Sarah's bedtime the other night.....Pouncing lessons.

So after getting ready for bed, and wanting daddy to read the story, she climbs into bed and chooses the 'Lion King' book for bedtime. Since its a chapter book, we read a chapter a night. Last night was chapter 3.As I'm reading she asks "whats this word daddy?" That's called pouncing dear. "Whats pouncing?" Go over there and I'll show you.So she does and daddy goes and hides and she wonders where I am....and I creep up to her and POUNCE and gently tackle her to the floor...and she giggles......then back to bed. So when the story is resumed she asked "daddy, can you teach me how to pounce?" Only if you go right to sleep...so she did.

The next morning she's up early, and we go downstairs and she's on the floor coloring and watching TV.....and daddy sneaks up behind her and Pounces on her, tickling her for a bit before I told her "lesson number one, you have to sneak up on your target...." she laughed.....

I SO am going to regret pouncing lessons when she goes back to school Monday....But we're on lesson two of her pouncing lessons now....

9 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

So what does lesson # 2 consist of?

1:29 PM, September 14, 2007  
Blogger Deb said...

I am worried about these lessons....You will regret them when she is 16 and is sneaking up on boys!

7:01 PM, September 14, 2007  
Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

hee hee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9:39 PM, September 14, 2007  
Blogger Chris H said...

ha ha.... and as for the rugby, we don't care who wins... they are NOT the All Blacks! We only care about the All Blacks, they are OUR TEAM!!!! Just so ya know, South Africa annihaliated the English, 36-0 !!! And The English are the Cup holders!!!!

9:58 PM, September 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classic. And? Something I'll most likely teach my kid when she's older :) I'm fun like that.

10:18 PM, September 14, 2007  
Blogger David said...

Eliza jumps on me from the front when I am sitting or laying down. When it is coming from behind, I'll probably always be tense.

1:13 AM, September 16, 2007  
Blogger Kuin said...

hahahahahaha excellent!

6:25 PM, September 16, 2007  
Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

How cute!

Yeah...the "play fighting" has bitten us on the...well, you know...with Junior Mayhem at school!

Of course....we never play spit...so WHO KNOWS where that nonsense comes from!

Good luck with the lessons!

9:16 PM, September 17, 2007  
Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Just coming back for more pictures...
HOW ARE YA'LL?

12:04 AM, September 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home