Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What's wrong with parents today?

I took Sarah to McDonald's as a treat, and they had a playground. Oh boy was THAT a mistake. At least at this one, I've been to others and had no problems.

THIS one, apparently, is for parents who don't bother watching or disciplining their kids. They apparently sit in the other room and ignore them while they stuff their fat faces with food.

Of course, since I'm there, I have no trouble yelling at your little darlings. In fact I did, multiple times. Because the following behavior is NOT acceptable:

1) Climbing on the structure so that their feet are dangling in people's faces in the eating area.

2) Throwing around wadded up dirty socks across the eating area.

3)Throwing items up the enclosed slide.

4)Climbing up the enclosed slide, when there are 20 or so kids in the area.

5)If your an older child, blocking off the entrance to the ball pit or slide isn't fun for the smaller kids.


Now they weren't ALL bad, but I have to say over 90% of them had unacceptable behavior. And yes, I yelled at the ones causing the most problems. There was a host of smaller behavior that wasn't effecting Sarah or me that I couldn't be bothered with.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lady G said...

Go you. If the other parents don't like it, they can move their fat asses and do the parenting themselves. If an unattended child is spoiling YOUR playtime, I think you have the right to do something about it.

12:10 PM, May 17, 2006  
Blogger carmachu said...

Oh dont worry, I did. I'm small enough to fit in all those cubby holes at mcdonald's. And yes I threaten a handful, especially the one blocking the slide.....

2:06 PM, May 17, 2006  
Blogger happykat said...

Go, carm, Go!!
Dear nuggetheads,
I know how difficult it is to be a parent and how you NEVER get a vacation from parenting, but TOUGH NOOGIES!!
They're your kids! Get off your bums!


What a bunch of Beavises.

12:39 PM, May 19, 2006  
Blogger Nikki said...

OOHHH, I call them "HEATHENS".

They are a result of inept parenting, or no parenting.

I also fuss at them. They need the discipline from somewhere.

10:16 PM, May 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home