Monday, October 23, 2006

Weirdness.....

Blessed Mom tagged me for a meme. I have to admit this has never happened to me before, so this may be pretty interesting. Maybe TOO weird. I must confess 9 Weird Thing About Me. Are you ready for it?

1) I now have to pee sitting down at home, instead of the usual man thing of standing, otherwise I get lots of inquisitive questions like from a certain little girl. Or the fact she thinks its neat I make bubbles.....

2)I'm the Atypical man: I don't care for bars, I haven't been to strip clubs, I don't do golf or other sports(not that I cant, I just don't care for the stupidness that comes with it, I play with my brothers around holidays) or any of the usual man things: I'd rather play with my toy soldiers.....See here for one army of mine.

3)I play Dungeons and Dragons, among other games, and am a a roleplayer. Yes yes, I know I'm going to hell, Yes yes, I read the Jack Chick cartoon, its funny.

4)I have more books than you children have toys. Seriously.

5)Speaking of books, after painting the Library, I think I've been banned from picking colors and painting rooms. Much to some folks horror, I've got the library painted a nice bright canary Yellow. A BRIGHT yellow. With Blue sailboat drapes(from my mother).

6)I dream in color, and their very real vivid dreams. To the point sometimes I wake up with real emotions, sometimes to the point I cant go back to sleep for a bit. They are REAL. But sadly the details fade like morning dew as minutes stretch on. I could tell you one or two things now from last night, but not the whole story.

7)I can only sleep flat on my stomach.

8)I like to eat my french fries with with yellow mustard.

9)I have to have books in the bathroom to read, before going to bed. I can never just go and brush and go to sleep quickly. I need to decompress before climbing into bed.

10)I dont drink. At all. By choice. No problems with alcohol, just dont need it, eitehr for social drinking or to relax. I got life, dont need much more.

11)I'm a big kid pretending to be an adult. No seriously, I think the only reason I get invited to bar-b-ques and picnics, is because I'd rather go play with the kids, or organize a wiffleball game, then hang out with the adults and talk about the usual stupid stuff of medical prolems, which teacher or adult is a pain or the other stupid things adults talk about.

12) yes, I know its more than 9, but since I'm weird....

14 Comments:

Blogger kimcarm said...

Dreaming in color is not weird, I thought everyone did. I do, I also hear sounds in my dreams.......and my dreams are always very very vivid.......

8:59 AM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger Baby Steps said...

ok ..
1. understandable..lol..for i am asked why i just dont pee standing up ..
2.totally not weird for my husband doesnt go to bars, strip clubs, doesnt like any sports, and still has some comic book figures in the closet somewhere.. unless both of you are wierd
3.yeah well you know kim and my outlook on this one,, not wierd just annoying .. dan did it for the longest time before his hobbies got out of control and i nipped that one in the butt
4.hmm.. packrat maybe??
5.maybe some creative bad decorating.. but i like the thought of the nautical look with the yellow
6. alot of people think of this as a gift and you should "channel" your dreams onto paper when you wake up in the morning,, lucid dreams
7.meaning ?? what happens if you sleep on your back do you blow up??
introvert
8.ok thats just gross
9.i have to watch tv before i fall asleep.. and as for the bathroom thing.. your a man .. i've concluded you spend half your life in the bathroom doing god knows what

9:15 AM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger Flawed And Disorderly said...

Yay! Good for you! Thanks for playing!

As for #1, I guess I can understand why you do it, but it sucked every last hope of manhood right out. You've been dangling by a very thin thread with all your girl talk, and now that thread has tragically snapped. You are not just one of the girls anymore, you ARE a girl! Ha ha! That was very brave of you to admit. I'm going to go scour my brain with an SOS pad now. I've got to get rid of the bubbles image.

The rest sounded pretty normal to me, Carm. Hold on, I forgot the parts about role playing. Yeah, you're pretty weird. :)

Good job!

9:41 AM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger Deb said...

Hey carm just so you know you are now officially stranger in my book! I wondered if you were a D&D Freak, I guess I just knew it!

11:25 AM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger carmachu said...

Takes one to know one Deb....

12:36 PM, October 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI carmachu......
1. I understand it.... but I think just answering her question matter of factly, that boys have a penis and pee standing up and girls don't cause basically it would run down their leg. ( lol).. And you are like mommy etc. works....I find doing the things you normally do and being honest with the answers really does work well. Kids are really smart..( specially yours ) lol..and she will call you on it if ever you change it up again..then it will be why do you only sometimes do it sitting down and sometimes standing up? ..avoid the confusion for the kid and just tell it like it is...( just my opinion).:)

2. Nothing wrong with that. Doing the things that we enjoy for the pleasure of them is better than trying to do the macho thing.

3. I think role playing games are cool and I am surprised more woman aren't playing them as I think we can identify with alot of the things that make them so appealing.

4. I like that you have lotsa books. honestly I am not a big reader I just cannot get into anything too long and drawn out I like short stories etc. much like reading blogs. I also sway more for real life things. In hopes of learning or gaining insight.

5. Yikes, on the painting colour choices but yet you score 10/10 for effort. Least you did the painting .

6. I do the real real dreams too. Hubby gets pretty mad to when occassionally it is a very well...mmmmmm...oooh baby good dream..and I choose not to wake him up...I just enjoy all on my own lol.

7. Side, window open a crack, arm hanging out over the side and one leg on top of the covers....a vision of lovel-y-ness...hahahaha

8.. Is there another colour of mustard other than yellow ?

9.Books in the bathroom a deffinate must. Books before bed um no.. when it's time to crash I am down for the count.

10. I drink maybe 2 times a year and usually not much more than one or maybe 2. Growing up with alcoholic parents tends to make you go one way or the other. I believe it is my job as parent to be sober and responsible and available to my kids whenever they may need me. That is my main reason....other than that I cannot stand when people get so drunk that they cannot have a normal conversation, or walk a straight line. But again I know it is from my past.

11. Sounds like a good way to enjoy the day at a bbq..good for you, and it shows those kids that you don't need alcohol etc to have fun.

( wow I talk too much .)

12:53 PM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger carmachu said...

You talk too much quinn? No, you're justa woman, it comes natural....*grin*

2:06 PM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger happykat said...

quinn, that's one of the best parts about you....you have a lot to say. Don't change. :}

Carm, none of this is news to me. Okay....well....maybe the specifics (especially the pee sitting down part), but I already knew you were weird. Like you said it takes one to know one.
:}

4:22 PM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Melanie in Orygun (link on my blog) is a gamer... do you read her? You would like her.

4:39 PM, October 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww carm..of course..but did you actually read any of it ..lol...
happykat..thanks :) I don't think I could change if I wanted to. lol.

5:09 PM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger carmachu said...

Kat: yeah but your just as weird.

Joy: I'll have to look.

5:30 PM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger Nikki said...

Good to see you admit that you're weird.

Took a lot of therapy for that huh.

LMAO

9:57 AM, October 27, 2006  
Blogger Attila the Mom said...

I'm with you on the dream thing....scares the hell out of me sometimes.

7:17 PM, October 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I already knew you were weird so none of that is surprising (except maybe the pee sitting down bit ~ why not just tell her that boys bits are different for heaven's sake?).

Books I have hundreds of, roleplayer ~ check, wargamer ~ check, doesn't like bars ~ check, dreams in colour ~ check, doesn't drink alcohol ~ check..., yellow room check, sleeps on stomach ~ check, reads before bed ~ check.

Good heavens Carm you sound like... ME! Now there's a scary thought!

Haze

11:56 AM, November 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home