Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Target. Again.

The mrs had me run out to Target for a few things last night, since its close. But I swear, I do NOT see what the rest of you see in Target. Ugh. I know you folks seem to have low rent people at your WalMart, but seriously, all of mine seem to go to Target. Give me the super WalMart any day over Target!

Lets start with finding stuff. Cant find bathmats for kids....so I ask the person working there. Big mistake. Why? Because apparently they didnt have anyone around that speaks english! Come on...for goodness sake, english people, english! So after saying "Children's Bathmat Bbbbbbbaaaaatttthhhh Mmmmmaaaaatttttt" for the 20th time slowly, someone comes over that at least understands english and then translates, speaking gibberish between the two, before she nods in understanding and takes me over to where they are.

Except, apparently, they left off the "childrens" part. I'm NOT going back and play russian telephone again. Screw that.Sarah can have a nice white one, some frogs and stars individual ones.

Then they're out of the extended 300 DVD. Thats just criminal right there. It was only released that day for Christ sake!

Then lets talk about the shoppers. I was there for 20 minutes tying to find that damn bath mat and get a english translator, there was the women with 4 children in the toy department telling her son to pick something. And every time I passed, I hear "I'm going to count to three and then your leaving without something. 1, 2, 2 and a half, 2 and three quarters..." More than a couple times, very time I passed. It was funny. Lady, dont threaten if your not going to follow through...

The there is the cashier, in the closed pharmacy section, at the register, waiting to ring people up. Why? Its closed, you were there every time I passed expecting to ring people out, but the roll gate is down behind you.

Then the mother and daughter duo, having and argument. Over cowboy boots. *shudder*

I managed to escape by the skin of my teeth, as before they could suck me in. That counting mom managed to get up front......

No more Target, thank you.

9 Comments:

Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Here in L.V. it depends which Target you go to ... some are okay and some are better than okay....

There is a real crappy, dirty one ... and there is one in the hoity toity part (Summerlin area) of L.V. that is great....I think it's a Target Greatland.

It ticks me off sooo bad when peeps don't freaking speak ENGLISH in our stores or food places !!!!!!! I had a wee bit of a fit one day (while I was very stressed up at Stanford w/ Matthew)
when no one behind a sandwich counter spoke very little English ..... it is beyond frustrating!

I try to buy stuff online so I don't need to go out shopping.

7:38 PM, August 01, 2007  
Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I should have proof read ... it didn't make sense... guess I should type better English, huh....

"the people behind the counter spoke very little English."

No one knew what I was asking for .. and I could not understand them ... SOOOOOO,

we ended up just leaving the place.

7:41 PM, August 01, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Darling, you NEED to get out more. Even if its with stupid people...

8:11 PM, August 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

carm-
I have to TOTALLY disagree with you here. I love our target. First, Marc, who works in the pharmacy knows everything. Its kinda wierd but he used to work at hannafords and moved to target so I moved my prescriptions just for him , he knows EVERYTHING!! The non-english speaking person?? Did she happen to be wearing a scarf over her head because I have to agree that woman IS an idiot and doesnt speak a word, BUT I think she's new. I've never had an issue with the workers not getting me something out of the back , except maybe tardiness when pushing that red button for help, but then again i'm probably the annoying customer in the isle with my kids ( go ahead, your chance to crack one) I go to target and pay the extra money just so I dont have to brave the annoying, rude, lazy people at walmart. So, we'll have to agree to disagree:)

8:52 PM, August 01, 2007  
Blogger Chris H said...

OOO shopping, I love it, but only in "good" stores, I think our equivalent of Target is The Warehouse, and I won't step foot inside it unless I ABSOLUTELY have to.... so I've been in it about twice in the last 2 years! Yik yik. It makes me bloody mad too when people who are supposed to be serving you can't speak the language of the country they live in.... and as for parents who say "I won't say it again" then do again and again should be shot! IDIOTS THE LOT OF THEM... children thrive on consistency, how can they believe their own parents if they don't do as they say themselves??? Derrr. rant over. and out.

11:54 PM, August 01, 2007  
Blogger David said...

Our target is definitely nicer than our Super Wal-Mart. Yet, 9 times out of 10, we end up at the Wal-Mart!

1:16 AM, August 02, 2007  
Blogger Attila the Mom said...

Hehehe. Up here, Target is way down the mountain and across the city, so we haven't been there much in the last years.

Sounds like we aren't missing anything. LOL

7:45 AM, August 02, 2007  
Blogger Deb said...

I hate both stores...give me the mom and pop stores anyday, atleast they speak english and know where everything is in there store!

10:04 AM, August 02, 2007  
Blogger NainaAshley said...

The target in our area is definitely better than walmart. Of course I have not tried shopping for bath mats etc but I usually like to get apple's everyday wear clothes at target. They are not too expensive and survive th endless number of washes they have to go through.

10:27 AM, August 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home