Thursday, February 09, 2006

And the greater good prevail again

My oppopnent wanted to play 3000 pts. I keep telling him the more points he gives me, the more guns I have. *sigh* so we played.

He set the table up, more terran this time, nice village setting.

Game: Alpha secure and control. 15" deployment, no unit within 24" NO special rules. The objective was to have the most scoring units. I had strated with 15, he with 11.

Armies:

Marines:

command squand in landraider
3 rhino squads
2 foot squads
maxed assualt squad
maxed bike squad
6 man dev squad with Hbolters and razorback
maxed scout squad

Tau:

etheral
Commander with 2 guys, all with fusion/plamsa

2 helios squads of 3, fusion, plasma multitracker, bonded
stealth squad, bonded

5 fire warrior squads
17 man kroot squad

2 drone squads
1 patherfinder squad with 4 seekers

3 broadsides with generators
3 broadsides with generators
hammerhead


What happened:

Game was over by turn 4. Bad deployement killed him. Let me explain.

I deployed them hammerhead middle left, which would force him to my far right, or a small patch in the left hand corner. He instead places the ladraider 24" away in teh center. Which gives me the opportunity to place a unit of broadsides center left. WHich pretty much cut his deployemnt area down again. So he basically had to deploy in sections, cut off from one another. He had 2 rhino squads and a tac squad right. The landraider, rhino bikes and assulat squad center, and teh scouts and devs far left. None could support one anotehr.

The rest of my deployment went mostly opposite the devs and scouts. 2 helios units in the middle with 2 FW squads, and the kroot support the right most broadsides, while theres a HUGE firebase on the left.

I won the roll off and alpha striked. Bikes went away, 2 rhinos went away, teh scouts reduced to 1 model.

His turn saw one broadside go away.

My turn saw me wipe out the devs and scouts, which allowed me to cointinously shift left and around, making him come to me the long ways. By the end, I lost a FW squad, kroot, one crisis suit and 2 broadsides(teh last one would have died eventually). He had left when we stopped was his commander(landraider and squad died) 4 squads of marines on foot and anotehr below half strength.

The game would have been very different if he went first.

2 Comments:

Blogger happykat said...

Dork!

4:04 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger carmachu said...

pot calling kettle....

9:51 AM, February 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home