Tuesday, January 02, 2007

And walk the last mile.....

As the Cinderella song goes.....(explaining in case a certain someone doesnt get the song reference like movie ones. You know who you are).

Speaking of songs: Sarah's running around the house yelling "Dude looks like a lady" thinking its the funniest thing since sliced bread. Apparantly she heard the song in the car and thinks its funny a man looks like a women.....




Speaking of miles:

We spent the weekend with good friends. They use to live an hour away in NJ, but he got a better job and moved to.....well, almost Pittsburgh, near her family. And bought a bigger house than they had for less for the post stamp house they had in NJ. Man, rural areas are a sweet place to live.

Anyway they have a 7 year old girl, 5 year old girl, set of faternal twins at 2ish, and a newborn.....throw one 3 year old in the mix and fun and games commence! We were there from saturday afternoon till Monday afternoon. A 6 hour ride only took 5 and a half with stops! yea go me.

Lots of fun to be had.....the twin girl latched onto me as her best friend. Heck it was funny, when I went to take a shower she called out "bath, bath" and started stripping down....apparantly thinking she could come with me....apparantly I was winning out over mommy....

Then came the ride home. Which took about 6 and a half or 7 hours. Fog was a big problem on the way home....its SO warm out here. There was NO snow between NY and Ohio.....I think Attila stole it all out in Colorado.....I'm not kidding. No snow. Who'd have thunk it?

But the good news is Sarah is a good traveler. Give her a book or her kids bible or color wonder, she's all set for a while. A single movie on the DVD player and she's good all the way. Not mutiple pee stops either......she has daddy's iron bladder.....

Anyway its good to be home....

5 Comments:

Blogger Flawed And Disorderly said...

SURELY you're not speaking of me! :D I actually know music better than movies. :D Sounds fun!!!

10:26 PM, January 02, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Of course I am. I've seen some of your play list...you know the one about a man wooing a teenager....

11:13 AM, January 03, 2007  
Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

At least she was singing a relatively mundane song. Lyrics I have heard my children singing:

" It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes!" ( we stopped listening to the radio for a while after that)

" I put the boys on rock-rock"
" Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?"

Can you even imagine the expression on my son's Baptist preschool teacher's face if he decides to share these with her?

Glad you got to see your friends!

8:09 PM, January 03, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Oh. my. God. THats funny there queen. Yeah, I can imagine if the church school teachers face when that comes out.

And it will come out. AT the worst possible time...

8:17 AM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger Flawed And Disorderly said...

Oh my gosh! There's a comment here! :D Okay, enough harrassing you. Just kidding--hope you know. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to give you a hard time. Don't worry about responding to these comments. I won't ever remember to come back and check.

12:28 PM, January 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home