Saturday, December 23, 2006

How is it?

How is it your child can make you SO proud on one hand, and embarrass the hell out of you on the other, all in the span of 10 minutes?

We're doing last minute shopping, locally. We hit one store, and as we're paying she pips up

"daddy, when I grow up, can I be a physician?"

ME- "a physician? You mean like a doctor? Sure..."

"thanks daddy."

Lady behind the counter interjects "that's it little girl, you be a doctor."

Turns to me "do you know what MY oldest wants to be? A graffiti artist."


She made me so proud....
---------------------------------

And that pride died 10 minutes later at the next store....

We're looking at the racks, and 2 feet over is an overweight gentleman.....And in the loudest voice of a 3 year out, Sarah announces "daddy, that man is FAT!"

*sigh* ever get that cringe curl up in a ball feeling? Yup, got that one. And of course, since it was a LOUD announcement, and he was only 2 feet away....He turns....And of course I cant get Sarah to apologize..She all of a sudden went mute and shy...So I had to.

The gentleman in questions response was "well its ok, its not like its not true." but still....



All in 10 minutes time.

7 Comments:

Blogger Attila the Mom said...

Ha! My kid once said to an elderly lady, "Boy, you're from the dark ages!"

[gulp]

1:36 PM, December 23, 2006  
Blogger carmachu said...

I once said, according to my mother, about midget people, "look mommy, leprecans...."

2:51 PM, December 23, 2006  
Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

I shall enter you in the "Father of the Year" contest. Unfortunately for your wife, I have already taken the honor for mothers! We have ALL been there with the embarassment factor! My daughter once told a lady checking us out that her teeth looked funny. Yeah, try explaining that one away. In her defense, this lady's teeth were horrific! Did I mention one was gold? HMMM Still, I was humiliated! I think God gives us children to keep us humble! Merry Christmas!

9:52 PM, December 23, 2006  
Blogger Flawed And Disorderly said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha! Poor you. But I guess it's pay back for the leprechans (sp?) comment...which made me laugh btw.

5:24 PM, December 24, 2006  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Ha! Oh, The Joys! (as I always say!)

Merry Christmas House of Carm!

8:12 PM, December 24, 2006  
Blogger carmachu said...

The leprucan one isnt the only embaressing item. I once, as a small child, poked a woman with big breasts in the breast saying "I want to pop the balloons....

I guess I'm just doomed....

9:16 PM, December 24, 2006  
Blogger Nikki said...

oh, I know exactly what your're talking about.

You'll look back on that with a small smile on your face in a few years. Trust me on this one.

12:14 PM, December 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home