Monday, April 16, 2007

As the old saying goes

Crap on a stick.

7 inches of rain in 24 hours, roughly. Good thing I'm a husband who helps with housework, or we would have been in deep crap. I went to change over the laundry late last night before bed and noticed water, just a touch. Turns out that it was seeping up from the ground, it had no where to go....

I stayed up all night with the wetvac and some pumps and made sure it stayed managable, washer and dryer are good, as was the furnace and water heater. We put the toys and books high up, and dirty laundry in bins so nothing gets ruin.

But I didnt sleep. At all. Kim came down and relieved me at 6am...but I was wired and layed down but really didnt sleep. Then my father and brother came over and we broked the concrete on the low point and dug a hole and dropped a sumppump in....and its all good and working on its own.

Its wet downstairs...but ok. Man staying up all night is interesting.....

11 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

Holy Crap you've got to be tired.

You did good Carm.

(and I'm not even being a smart ass this time....imagine that - write it down on your calendar)

10:34 AM, April 17, 2007  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

I hope things are finally dry up there.

12:11 PM, April 17, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Yea! Nikki's being good for once.

By night time I was tired the next day. Years of gaming over night has built up an immunity to sleep. I can go 24 hours with no sleep. 36 is pushing slightly. By 48 I'll fall down.

Set now, wont have to worry about flooding, unless the pump doesnt work.

Joys:

Slowly. Very slowly. More rain on and off all week. We were the lucky ones...some TOWNS got flooded out...it was so bad schools were canceled monday and today so far...

3:50 PM, April 17, 2007  
Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Yikes...
scary... I've never had to deal with that here....

7:33 PM, April 17, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Lucky you terri! We had flooding around here the last couple years...

8:14 PM, April 17, 2007  
Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

OH wow. Nicely done! Hope you're getting some sleep!! I never roll well with an all-nighter!

2:54 AM, April 18, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Getting some yes. We went to bed the next night just after sarah was asleep....

8:16 AM, April 18, 2007  
Blogger Attila the Mom said...

Yikes! Hope things dry up soon!

2:48 PM, April 20, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Drying out as we speak....thanks!

7:28 PM, April 20, 2007  
Blogger Flawed And Disorderly said...

Oh my gosh, Carm! That is awful!!!

Crap on a stick....hee hee. Good one, my friend!

12:22 AM, April 28, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

yes Jenn it is. We're drying out the kids basement part as we speak slowly and surely...

Yes, yes it is a good one :D

7:59 AM, April 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home