Friday, March 09, 2007

Turning over a new leaf

Trying to be better.

Since the Mrs is pregnant, and working late alot of time. So meals really dont get cooked. And the mrs hinted it would be nice if I learned to cook......so....I did.

Before we left on sarah's birthday suprises to Great Wolf Lodge(pictures coming soon), I enlisted some help of some friends online elsewhere, two ladies and a guy, who DO know how to cook and said, ok, give me something.

So, with my cell phone and some emails to help me out when I had stupid guy questions about cooking.....I cooked dinner. Grabbed Sarah after work, we went shopping, and then came home, made her a fast dinner and proceeded to time it so dinner would be ready by the time she got home.

So I cooked. I made mash potatoes, from real potatoes, some peas, and a nice set of pork chops with a honey glaze. And picked up apple sauce. And it came out perfect.

Kim walked in and after saying hello, said "what smells so good?" Lead her to the kitchen and let her see(and no I didn't make a big mess), she LOVED it. It was good, she had two helpings and couldn't get the big grin off her face.

So tomorrow, Saturday, I'm off to make her some nice Cornish hens with cranberry sauce/glaze....*grin*

14 Comments:

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Do you need some easy recipes Carm? I'm loaded.

7:53 PM, March 09, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Yes please. I can always take more. I'm trying to learn a bunch of different things.

Just keep in mind I'm learning....so you might have to break it down a bit more.

7:55 PM, March 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey carmachu....

just wanted to say ...way to go !! that is so wonderful that you are doing this for your whole family...It is something that your wife will deeply remember and appreciate....not so much what you prepare but that you wanted to do this and worked to do this because you care...^5 dude

10:20 AM, March 10, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

I'm trying. I'll let you know how tonight goes.

thanks quinn.

10:23 AM, March 10, 2007  
Blogger Deb said...

I am impressed, and very proud of you! That is a very nice thing to do for your pregnant wife.

I have some great quick and easy Italian dishes if you are interested!

10:36 AM, March 10, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Thank you Deb! Yes I am interested. I'll shoot you an email.

10:53 AM, March 10, 2007  
Blogger Pendullum said...

Congrats...
My FIL called me today for help in making a roast....
It is never too late...He is 78.
He called for his shopping list...
And tomorrow night he is hosting his dinner party so he has asked me to be home for the afternoon....
Long distance cooking...

4:17 PM, March 10, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Exactly Pen. I have a couple friends via email opr cell phone to call if I get stuck.....

thats great!

4:18 PM, March 10, 2007  
Blogger Flawed And Disorderly said...

You never cooked MY recipe that I worked so hard to explain!

6:05 PM, March 10, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

*shuffles feet* I'm sorry jenn. I kinda lost it. Could I pretty please have it again?

6:47 PM, March 10, 2007  
Blogger Nikki said...

Oh KIM!!! I'm so happy for you!! *sobs*

You FINALLY got hims trained!!!!

he he he

5:07 PM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Except I cant stop humping her.....er...anyway....

5:17 PM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I should hook you up with some Pampered Chef catalogs!!

9:41 AM, March 15, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

That be dangerous terri. I'm already considering asking for good knives for the kitchen.\

2:09 PM, March 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home