Sunday, November 05, 2006

Disney Stores are just evil.

Seriously. If your raising girls, NEVER go there. You'll end up morgaging the house to buy all the cute stuff that's there.

We dropped off Sarah at a parents survival night(IE- you drop the kid off, they watch and feed her) at Kim's work. 2 and 1/2 hours of freedom for cheaper than a babysitter.

So we go out to dinner, eat a hot meal, and then wander the mall. And then the Mrs had to go to the Disney store to see if they had the Ariel jacket that she saw one kid at her work had(Ariel, in case you don't know is Sarah's FAVORITE princess, even before she saw the Little Mermaid).

Gods, there are TOO MANY cute things there. Seriously. Managed to drag the Mrs out with only spending $35(Ariel pajamas and plate/bowl/silverwear Ariel set).....Good thing the Ariel pants were not in Sarah's size, and the jackets weren't in stock. Otherwise we would have been in trouble.

Disney stores are evil. Stay away.......

7 Comments:

Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

I only wish I could have read this before I booked our trip to the parks! I have been saving my pennies for a while, but I fear my credit card may own my home by the time we return! My daughter absolutely loved the all the Disney princesses. She is eight, and beginning to move away from them. That is, until we see them at DisneyWorld!

3:53 PM, November 05, 2006  
Blogger carmachu said...

You're doomed. DOOOMED I tell you. Disney park is great, Sarah's going to go sooner or later, but there's no way your pocket book is going to withsatnd the begging and whining ofa small child, nor will you be able to resist the cuteness that is Disney. I swear, its unreal how cute all the crap was.....


Did I mention I was really REALLY tempted to buy her a 3 foot tall limited edition Ariel doll that talks for $150? Even though I know sarah will only play with it for a short time, I was tempted. Really. If the Mrs wasnt around I might have sucummbed.....


And The ONLY thing stopping the Mrs from not buying more clothes is they didnt have sarah's size....

4:17 PM, November 05, 2006  
Blogger Flawed And Disorderly said...

Wow! Is it a birthday or something?

12:48 AM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger Attila the Mom said...

LOL! Ariel is my Little Guy's favorite princess too!

When we went to Disneyland some years back, we bought him the hardcover "Princess Book" for a souvineer. He read that thing to bits. We got him another one---40 bucks! eek eek!

I don't even buy 40 dollar books for me!

8:02 AM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger carmachu said...

Attilla: only $40? Wow thats getting off light. I do spend more on books for myself....

Blessed....er....girl inher underwhere:

No no birthday, it was on sale and she liked it and....I gave in.

9:16 AM, November 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, Carm.

My boys are much of the same. Except it's The Incredibles, Toy Story and Cars.

Oy. They go into the store and basically run from one thing to another.

We manage to get out with a pyjama. No toys (they already are too spoiled from the rest of the family).

Stephane

11:04 AM, November 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never ever will I again let my girls venture into a Disney store. It was a mistake I intend to only make once...

Haze

3:09 PM, November 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home