Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Can I say

I hate shopping? I really really do.

The Mrs has been complaining of back pain, and when she was pregnant with Sarah, I had bought her a vibrating back pillow at a office supply store where I was gaming so it would help with sitting and driving. But like most things around here, we gave away baby stuff we don't need and now folks give us now stuff we need.

But she gave a good friend her vibrating pillow and hasn't gotten it back yet. So like a good husband I went out in search of one. With Sarah in tow, after work, while Kim was at work.

Oy Vey.

Went to the local office supply place. After 20 minutes of fruitless searching, I asked someone. No, they don't carry it. Why? I don't know, but their other store did 60 miles away back then....so we went to the mall with Sarah having gotten some play money.

We then started at Sears. I mean, its Sears, they have to have it right? After searching the bedding section, I asked. No, they only carry them during the holiday season. Why I'll never know, but they don't have it. So we trudged(or rather, I trudged, Sarah was tired, so I carried her and the stuffed animal she got) ALL the way to the other end of the mall to Another chain store.

No, they don't have it. Of course they might have, but for some reason I couldn't find a single sales rep ANYWHERE in this department store. Unless I wanted makeup. The makeup section was fully stocked with 6 employees.....while the entire bedding section, layaway, and 3 registers didn't have a single one.

So we left the mall. And drove across the way to Bed, Bath and Beyond. I mean, it has bedding, it should have them, right? But no. After 2 laps around the circular store and a lollipop for Sarah, we flag down one of the 2 employees there(because they aren't even wearing name tags, so maybe there was more than 2 there), they look around and they too are surprised they don't have them. They lady tries to be helpful as says "have you looked in our online store?" Like that's suppose to help get it by tonight as a surprise. If I have to shop online, it certainly wont be here.

So back in the car and off to WalMart. Why Walmart? Because it has everything usually and it has a McDonald's, as its an hour past Sarah's dinner time. So one happy meal later we wander through Walmart. After one circular pass and saying hello to someone we know, we find not one, but TWO vibrating pillows. Of course we buy both, long with a princess chair for Sarah.

So, while you all knock Walmart, it actually HAS the stuff I need, rather than all the other crappy places that wasted my time....So Sarah and I get home at 8pm for bath and bed....ugh.

two freaking hours to find one little item. I hate shopping.

12 Comments:

Blogger Amie Adams said...

But a very sweet gesture indeed!

12:39 AM, April 25, 2007  
Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

I hate going there, but Walmart usually comes through for me, too.

That was very sweet of you. I'm so glad you found it!! I had back pain when I was pregnant, too! It was no fun.

1:57 AM, April 25, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Yerdoingitwrong:

Yeah, everyone always seems down on walmart and High on Target, but walmart has yet to let me down....

mamma:

yes, yes it was. The little boy either liked it or hated it. Beacuse everytime she used it, he start moving around like crazy!

8:23 AM, April 25, 2007  
Blogger Attila the Mom said...

Now see, we're going to have to throw you guys a cybershower! Get your list ready!

2:42 AM, April 27, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Oh boy. I guess I will have to prod kim for a list then...

7:29 AM, April 27, 2007  
Blogger Chris H said...

You get first prize for finally finding one, I would have given up after the first couple of shops, particuarly with a kid in tow. You wife is a lucky girl!

10:46 PM, April 27, 2007  
Blogger Flawed And Disorderly said...

I was about to tell you to go to Wal-Mart! It's got all kinds of stuff for backs and necks--I should know.

12:19 AM, April 28, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

I really really should have JUST started at Walmart, but noooo, since I bought the last one at an office store....

8:01 AM, April 28, 2007  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Give the gift of time - free time. oh, the bliss.

12:49 PM, April 28, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Chris H:

Yeah I'ma stubborn git. That and buying the kid stuff along the way helped...

Joy:

I'll try...thanks.

8:30 PM, April 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wandered over here from Deb's site :)

Wal-Hell usually makes me itch and foam at the mouth, but (mumblinb quietly) I'm usually able to find what it is I need at LESS of a price than other stores. Don't tell anyone :)

2:29 PM, April 29, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Welcome kellie!

Yeah, alot of folks dislike walmart...but they have everything and cheaper to boot. What can you do....?

2:32 PM, April 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home