Sunday, June 10, 2007

You know

McDonald's, hands down, is the BEST place to get my stories. The sheer stupidity of parents there rivals any place I have gone yet. We'll see if schools can top them.

The "Bad parents gone wild" stories of today, since we took sarah there as a treat for the out door playground:

Parent A:

Her 3 and 3/4 was on the outdoor playground, by himself. Where the mommy was...is anyone's guess. Why she allowed him to be outside while she's inside is beyond me. But once outside, an attentive parent....so she isnt the biggest offender.

Parent B:

Father with three kids, all from say 6-8ish to 12-14ish.....and let them run loose on the playground. Two of which where above the 4 foot hieght limit, but hey, who cares! He kept going out of the playground area, and off across the parking lot to smoke! Leaving all the kids to run up slides and play without much attention....but he did scold them while he was there, so he had some redeeming value, since he didnt want them hurting the little kids. So he didnt win the prize either.

Parent C:

THIS one takes first prize in the "I'm the stupidest parent" award. His offense? Two children 5 and 3, two darling little girls, he left hanging on the outside of the fence while he walked across the parking lot to put stuff in the car, leaving the two children right there on the fence....which is also the drive thru lane....I was cringing.


So there you have it. Three stories at one sitting! Cant beat McDonald for great bad parenting stories!

Whats your favorite place?

14 Comments:

Blogger Chris H said...

ANY Carpark mate.... toddlers left standing by the car on their own while idiot parent gets the baby out... while toddler does just that.. toddles off.... OR... idiot parent putting groceries in car while baby is left trying to climb outta the grocery trolley head first onto the concrete...derrrrr... Or idiot parent letting wee child run ahead between two parked cars into oncoming traffic.... need I go on? Suffice to say, I have raised 8 kids without loosing one yet.. must be doing something right.

11:32 PM, June 10, 2007  
Blogger David said...

My favorite bad parenting examples are all the parents letting their daughters write to and receive letters from the sex offenders and drug dealers in my prison. Can we say who cares if tampering with someone else's mail is a federal offense. Be a parent and screen all incoming mail. Stopping the outgoing will be a little harder, but if they think Johnny isn't writing back then maybe they'll get ticked at him and stop writing!

11:39 PM, June 10, 2007  
Blogger Chris H said...

Geez now ya got me started... Public Swimming Pools.. "oh hold on darling ( who's 5 yrs old), Mummy just has to go to the loo, you watch the baby"... OR "bugger, where did that kid go? I was only away long enough for a smoke for goodness sake!".... OR "Play here, I'll come back for you in a couple of hours OK?" Said to a 6 yr old and a 7 yr old.....

11:40 PM, June 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parents are a trip....you wonder why they even bother to have kids.....

8:39 AM, June 11, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Chris:

I see YOU have lots of bad run in with parents gone wild.

I do know how to wind you up...:D

Yes yes, you havent lost one yet...I've seen the difficulty you had getting them OUT of the house...maybe if you left one behind somewhere once and a while they'd leave sooner...:D


David:

Wow, just wow. I got nothing to say there....


Princess:

Two words: fashion accessory....

9:42 AM, June 11, 2007  
Blogger Chris H said...

"Fashion Accessory" my arse!!! I sure don't need 'em anymore.
Driving along, car in front, baby hanging out the window... driving along, car in front, baby sitting on dashboard licking front windscreen....... driving along, truck in front, 5 kids sitting playing on open back deck, NO SIDES ON DECK...... driving along, car in front, mother breastfeeding baby while driving...

3:54 PM, June 11, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

I dont know Chris.....I could make some vague smart ass remark about the size of yoru arse and needing more than a few to cover the area....but I'll be good. :D

Wow, just wow, breast feeding while driving? That just tops the list...

4:11 PM, June 11, 2007  
Blogger David said...

Carmachu, can I add you to my blogroll?

10:39 PM, June 11, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Sure david, as long as its not a trick question to get me to do those mem things like nainaashely did!

8:12 AM, June 12, 2007  
Blogger David said...

I haven't memeed anyone yet :)

3:01 PM, June 12, 2007  
Blogger Chris H said...

Mr Choo: I put you on my "blog roll" without even asking ya! Nah nah na na.

3:45 PM, June 12, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

David...good!

Chris....yeah well I did the same so I' dhave easier access to you...er..your blog.

4:24 PM, June 12, 2007  
Blogger NainaAshley said...

That's why I don't take my daughter to Mcdonalds. Of course there's no dearth of stupid parents at other places.
BTW, I did not blogroll you to just tag you. You are still on my blogroll list. You can check anytime.

10:06 PM, June 12, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Nainaashely:

I'm just teasing you about the meme. I believe you added me to the roll because you wanted to, not to meme me....its humor.

But let me understand this, you wont take your daughter to MD's because of the stupid parents....not because of the bad food? What kind of parent are you! :D

10:13 PM, June 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home