Sunday, February 25, 2007

Music, I've been tagged

Music, I've been tagged
I was tagged by Jennifer over at Flawed and Disorderly to list three songs I would want to hear if I could only hear three songs before the music died.

So without further adue:

My first would have to be:

Pachelbel, cannon in D major, by Motzart I believe.

No lyrics, obviously.....but the best way to describe it is....its music that is life itself. If you have never heard it, go find it now. I can honestly promise you it wont disappoint you.

Second song would be:

Kenny Rogers, The Gambler.

Another song you can learn something from. I'm not going to get the lyrics for you. If you dont know this song, go away, I'm not explaining it.....

Third song would be:

Josh Turner's, Would you go with me.

A love song if I ever heard one.....

lyrics:

Would you go with me if we rolled down streets of fire
Would you hold on to me tighter as the summer sun got higher
If we roll from town to town and never shut it down

Would you go with me if we were lost in fields of clover
Would we walk even closer until the trip was over
And would it be okay if I didn't know the way

If I gave you my hand would you take it
And make me the happiest man in the world
If I told you my heart couldn't beat one more minute without you, girl
Would you accompany me to the edge of the sea
Let me know if you're really a dream
I love you so, so would you go with me

Would you go with me if we rode the clouds together
Could you not look down forever
If you were lighter than a feather
Oh, and if I set you free, would you go with me

If I gave you my hand would you take it
And make me the happiest man in the world
If I told you my heart couldn't beat one more minute without you, girl
Would you accompany me to the edge of the sea
Help me tie up the ends of a dream
I gotta know, would you go with me
I love you so, so would you go with me

18 Comments:

Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh... I love that Josh Turner song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12:52 AM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

yeah, I have it on my MP3 player....I love that one myself...out of all the love songs I could choose, I like that one. there is a shenia twain one that would make #4 if I had that option...

8:41 AM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Deb said...

I tagged you for this too! I love your choices they are fabulous!!

9:49 AM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Dan said...

I love the Canon in D music, but it's actually by a composer named Pachellbel!

You can check Wikipedia here.

11:53 AM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Ahahaha, thats funny Deb, but its already done....

thanks

Dan:

when I downloaded it, the download said by mozart....but if I'm worng I'm wrong. Yes its a great piece...

2:11 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Nicole said...

I LOVE the Gambler! But I've never even heard of Josh Turner.

2:45 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Something old, something new.....in country music.

3:59 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

MAN! Terri STOLE my comment! I just love that boy's deep voice! I have a friend whose son can sing almost every word to "Turn the Lights Down Low". It is too cute

So....do you know when to hold 'em?
know when to fold 'em?
know when to walk away?
know when to run?

LOVE THE PICKS!

8:59 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Well ms queen, steal them back! Come on a good cat fight would be entertaining here.

And do I? Well you'll just have to come play cards with me and find out....*grin*

9:27 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Flawed And Disorderly said...

Ah, Joshy! I LOVE him and his song!!!! You never even told me you did this! I had no idea or I would have linked you. Hopefully later I'll have some time to post something NOT regarding wolf crotch. I never want to hear those words again.

9:15 AM, February 28, 2007  
Blogger Nikki said...

I love Josh Turner.

Great voice.

9:37 AM, February 28, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Jenny Fur fur:

You tagged me, I did it. If you spent less time worrying about yoru wolf crotch and mroe time reading people's blogs, you'd know it was done....*grin*

Yeah I like Josh. he's fun.


Nikki:

i immediately got hooked on his music with Long Black Train. Deep voice thats great....

8:25 PM, February 28, 2007  
Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Queen,
I knew what you were thinking,
so I RUSHED RIGHT OVER HERE TO PUT MY COMMENT IN FIRST!!!!

wwwwooooaaaaaahhhhhaaaaaahaaaaaa!!!

1:53 AM, March 01, 2007  
Blogger Attila the Mom said...

Where's my pictures, darnit? LOL

10:47 AM, March 01, 2007  
Blogger Bobby D. said...

I can't believe Pachebel let mozart write his canon--just kidding--that is the first tune I had to learn on piano, so mixed feelings--Hey if you like Mr. P's canon you should check out Saint Saens " The Swan"
right up your alley.

7:57 PM, March 02, 2007  
Blogger Bobby D. said...

also regarding Kenny Rodgers: "Ruby" by kenny & the First edition was a pretty decent song-- sad Vietnam Vet with girlfriend troubles... K.R. with his nice voice...

7:59 PM, March 02, 2007  
Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

Carm- I love the baby header at the top of your blog...how sweet! Can't wait to hear what "baby Carm" is going to be!


PS: I am a pitiful card player!!!
Now Yahtzee....I can kick some arse at that game! :)

9:37 PM, March 02, 2007  
Blogger carmachu said...

Queen, I stole it from Deb! I saw it and thought it be a great thing.

7:48 AM, March 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home